If you are attending the University of Georgia in Athens in the Fall of 2017 and are considering off-campus apartments for students, you need to be aware that the clock is ticking. It may just be the start of Spring, but right now, the best apartments in the Athens area are being leased for the upcoming school year in the Fall.
Selecting off campus housing, after all, is much like getting the exact classes you want. The earlier you can make those decisions, the better your options.
Limited Options for First Year Students
All first year students, under the age of 21, with some limited exceptions, are required to live on the University of Georgia campus during their freshmen year. This is meant to better acclimate new students to college life and serve as a buffer between high school and living at home, to being on their own. Of course, this greatly limits young students options, and it is why so many decide to look at off-campus living options for their second year and beyond. But even the selection of off-campus housing will get increasingly limited as the Fall school season gets closer and closer. That’s why there is no time to delay if this is the year you decide to live off-campus.
The Best Apartments for Students Go Quickly
The Athens, GA area includes a wide variety of housing options for students, but no matter what style appeals to you, the best apartments for students always go first.
● Single Family Homes: Some students are attracted to the thought of sharing a large single family home in the area. Because many of these homes are older, heating and cooling costs can be high. Having a large amount of people responsible for an entire house also provides its own challenges.
● Multi-Family Homes: These generally are larger, older homes that have been converted into multi-unit apartments. They still carry the issues of an older property, although the options of choosing a specific apartment can be more appealing.
● Student Housing Apartment Buildings: These are apartment communities specifically for students attending the University of Georgia. Many of these were constructed to maximize revenue by offering smaller living spaces. Many of the older communities offer few on-site laundry facilities that can get crowded.
● Traditional Apartment Buildings: Traditional apartment buildings are not limited to students. While they can often have more community amenities and offer more living choices, students have no idea who their neighbors will be. It could be a senior citizen or a young family with a small baby. Most students feel more comfortable in an apartment community designed for students.
● Luxury, Upscale Student Housing Communities: Upscale apartment communities with abundant amenities and conveniences have become increasingly popular across the country. Students and parents are realizing that the cost of housing is a relatively modest portion of the cost of a college education, so more are choosing these more luxurious options as the best apartments for students.
Again, no matter what direction you are considering, the time to reserve your space is now.
Luxury Off-Campus Living in Apartments for Students at The Mark
The Mark is the newest student apartment community designed specifically for students attending the University of Georgia in Athens. Located within steps of campus, The Mark is close to the entertainment and social options of Downtown Athens, but there are plenty of on-site activities available. The Mark has a rooftop pool and deck area, state-of-the-art fitness center, basketball and racquetball courts, a game room, coffee shop and free suntanning. There are private group study areas and high speed WiFi throughout the building. On site parking is available as is on-site management.
The Mark is a limited-access community with desired in-unit amenities like individual washers and dryers, upscale countertops, and private baths for every bedroom. There are walk-in closets and stainless steel appliances. Our apartments for students are a perfect atmosphere to get the most out of your college experience.
Desired units at The Mark are already selling out. Three and five bedroom floor plans are no longer available for the Fall of 2017. If you are interested in living in this exceptional community in a one, two, or four bedroom floor plan, don’t wait. Contact The Mark today and begin the application process. There is a roommate matching service, and residents sign individual leases, making them only financially responsible for their share of the lease.
Don’t miss out on being one of the first to enjoy this extraordinary college experience in our apartments for students. Contact The Mark today! The Mark is the Official Off-Campus Housing Partner of UGA Athletics.